If you grew up in Massachusetts, you know that our parents and grandparents consider the Kennedy Family to be royalty. Except for maybe Joe- my grandfather use to scowl and call him a crook.
Jacqueline Bouvier married John F. Kennedy in 1953 at St. Mary’s in Newport, RI and their reception was held at her mother and step-father’s Newport estate.
We all know her very tragic story, so here’s some things that you might not know about this former first lady.
1. She campaigned to save Grand Central Station in the mid 1970s.
2. She was engaged to another man. John G.W. Husted, a stockbroker. But called it off in 1952. She is quoted as saying he was dull and immature.
3. She won an Emmy for her “A Tour of the White House” on CBS. She spent over a year restoring and redecorating her new home. 56 Million viewers tuned in to see the results.
4. Before she married JFK, she was a camera girl for the Washington Times Herald and covered the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
5. She was fluent in French, Spanish and Italian.
6. In her 1947 yearbook from an all-girl school in Connecticut, she listed her life ambition as “to not be a housewife.”